Today was beautiful! The snow was sticking to the trees where the wind had blown it. The snow was wet enough to form snow balls easily. The streams were frozen enough to walk on them, though slush covered the ice.
It was incredible.
I spent about two hours walking through the woods, through fields, and on streams. The birds are beginning to sing now, though only the black capped chickadees are out. I trekked through new territory this morning.
I'm considering building an outpost out there, some sort of shelter. I don't know exactly what for but I've always wanted to do something like that.
Anyway, back to hiking. There were, and still are, many tracks out there. Deer, rabbits, squirrels, many animals.
I love being out in the woods, it's so peaceful. Streams weave in and out of the trees and small pools of water, now frozen, lay everywhere. The sky was a blue gray, but light came through anyway.
Hiking is my new most favorite thing to do. I hope it snows again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment