This weekend my family and I met friends of my two brothers at a Drive-In theatre!! My mom and dad, during their childhood, had gone to the drive-in all the time in the summer months. So, when we heard there was one in Canton / Plymouth (I don't know exactly where it is) we had to go!! My parents wanted us to at the very least get the experience of the drive-in theatre. It was very fun to do :)
The screens were set up in a hockey arena's parking lot on massive steal frames. there are three screens in total, two relatively close to the entrance and one back in a secluded part of the parking lot for the rated R movies .
So we saw the new Narnia movie (Prince Caspian) and the second National Treasure: Book of Secrets. I was surprised that the drive-n would have such a new movie as the Narnia.
I wasn't sure how it would go when we first got there, the screen (which is a heavy white sheet of some material) was dirty with rust coming through from the back side, we were parked next to the generator used to power the projector but luckily it was a silent machine, making limited noise.
It actually started to rain about halfway through the first movie!! :) It didn't last long though.
So, that was an event filled Friday night. A lot of fun :)
じゃまった!
HIL
No comments:
Post a Comment