June 4, 2008

Rainy Days and Books

It's fogy out right now, the rain having subsided and the sky still grey. 
But! Despite the rain (which I actually love :D) I have been deep inside the innards of several great books. 
• One is of the origin of the vampire myths and Dracula :) It's called 'In Search of Dracula' by Raymond T. McNally and Radu Florescu. It's a really good book and the history is amazing.  
• The second book is the newest novel by Stephenie Meyer, her first "adult novel". The title is 'The Host'. I've just started it but it's fast becoming one of my favorites :) Mrs. Meyer has a way to her writing that makes the story flow off the page like a movie before your eyes instead you reading each and every word, piecing the plot together. Great author!!
• The long awaited book, the fourth installment of the Twilight series - Breaking Dawn! I have not read any of it, since it has not been published yet but there is a party at a Borders Bookstore near my home that a friend and my family are trying to go to. The book comes out August 2nd!! Can't wait to find out what happens………  *shivers*
• And finally, 'The Scottish Chiefs' - by Jane Porter, a book of the life and fall of Sir William Wallus of Scotland. A sad story but full of intrigue and adventure.

So this is how I spend the less than bright days we have in Michigan, immersed in the pages of a book! Or writing…… which ever strikes my fancy  =)
But I'll take rain other 90 degree (fahrenheit) heat any day!!

Alright, I'm gonna go delve into the horrors of Vlad Tepes' reign.
Forever,
HIL

No comments: