October 7, 2008

Concert and Rally

Okay,

yesterday was fast-paced and full of new experiences. It started with our plan to go to the Obama office in Ann Arbor to volunteer for a while, which we did. We sorted printed papers, unpacked packets, and shredding forms. So we didn't do that much work but it took up an hour and a half.

We were finished with the sorting, they offered us tickets to the Bruce Springsteen concert and Obama rally!! Also, they gave us VIP tickets so we got to stand up close to the stage, about ten feet from it!!! Cool, no?

The concert was so cool. Before the concert I hadn't really heard Springsteen's music so it was interesting from that point and it was just fun!! Cheering, singing along (I couldn't sing along; I didn't know the lyrics. But other people were singing.). Before the concert though several people made speeches. John Dingell ( a U.S. representative) spoke along with his wife, and president of EMU spoke, a candidate for the Michigan Supreme Court spoke and two students spoke (at least I think they were students). A few other people got up on stage and spoke but I don't know who they were.

A choir sang the National Anthem and then the concert started!!

First Dick Siegel played and then Kitty Donohoe. Bruce Springsteen Played for over an hour! It was cool. Wish dad could've been there though.


So here are some pictures my brother and I took at the concert…



The stage before the show started. People still setting things up.

Dick Siegel.

Kitty Donohoe.

Then The Boss!


The crowd watching. The whole field was full. The stage was set in EMU's baseball field.

Ahh, a good day.

Békésen.
hil

No comments: