October 3, 2008

First Frost

Well, we'll see but there's supposed to be a frost tonight, the first of the year (and I'll be free of the cursed mosquitos!). So tonight I picked all the (nearly) ripened tomatoes and raspberries from our garden and then harvested the mint that had grown too tall for their area and were crowding the other plants. So, the mint will dry in the basement and then I'll turn it into tea. It's the first time I've tried this so hopefully it will go well… *fingers crossed*
It has gotten so nicely cold here!! Finally the autumn has arrived… the leaves are turning wonderful reds and yellows… the air has become cool and sweet… sunlight is no longer too strong and hot but warming and welcomed… no more pesky mosquitos (!!)… drinking teas… hiking… I could go on.
Soon, we can start having fires in our fireplace and when it snows we can hike in it, make forts (I know it's a little juvenile but, no one deny it, it's fun!),  and having snow-ball battles with my brothers. Ahh, winter. 
Tomorrow I'm going to spend the day at a park and hike through the woods and just enjoy the changing seasons. Can't wait, it's going to be relaxing and invigorating :)

Okay, I should stop rambling on about the weather ahead… so I will. Gonna go and hang out with the family!

Békésen.
hil

No comments: