July 1, 2009

やっとできた! (Done at last!)

Done. 100% completed. The house is painted!!! We finished last night at 8 pm. A lot of work was put into the project; many, many hours of preparation and days painting. But now, looking at the dry walls without the blue painters tape, it was worth it. All the colors look good together; everything works well with the colors and now the house seems more open, larger some how. The kitchen is brighter and the family room warmer. It's amazing.
The hardest part was the two story foyer which required my dad to climb the (at least) twenty foot ladder, paint laden roller in hand, up to the ceiling and continue down the wall until I could reach it from below. After the first wall, which took two hours, we got the rest of that troublesome room done in an hour and a half.
Today we put the the rooms back together, return all the furniture back in their respective places, remove the tape and finally relax.
It's strange now, after these several days panting nonstop, I find it hard to just relax and read a book. I keep thinking, what else am I supposed to be doing?
But since it's vacation, it's time to have fun. What, exactly, we're going to do I don't yet know. Maybe go to the beach in Holland.
No more large, involved projects, this was our last one. At least for this year. Just a few little things to do; get photos printed and hung on the wall, change the outside lights, wash windows… Minor maintenance.
These last few days have been cold, almost like Autumn, I'm going to go outside and enjoy them at last!!

じゃね。

No comments: