March 7, 2012

Spring! It has been so warm in Michigan lately, almost as if Spring has arrived. Yesterday it was 15°C and today it was 20°C!! It smells like Spring! The tulips are also coming up around school's campus. It's been nice and makes the end of the semester seem in sight. A lot of work remaining but the end of the tunnel is in view. 

This week, two days ago, my boyfriend returned to Japan as the winter recess was over, I went back to school, and he to the rest of his break and preparations for the coming semester. It was a hard day, Monday. But it was the best time to have him here and join in. I do not think I can express fully how much fun and great it was to have him here. It was a short time, but the best time. Every trip/visit gets better and better. We did many things: cook together, play tennis and soccer, watch movies, play games, sleep in and stay up late, and enjoying a bonfire.

Good, great, memories, pictures to remember this recent time together. And then on to looking forward to the next time. But I mustn't forget the good things in between: hours of Skype, email. Enjoy every moment!

And another bit of good news, my family and I will be moving to China! All the more closer to Japan among many other amazing opportunities. Keep eyes on the future!!

With the coming of warmer weather and Spring season, the garden is calling my name. I cannot wait to strip off my socks, roll up my jeans, and dash out the backdoor to the garden just beyond the patio. I'm so looking forward to the feel of grass on bare feet and the smell of newly sprouting, growing, plants. Last semester, a friend I met in college, my boyfriend and I had a small argument: my friend said animal life was the best, my boyfriend said microbial life, and I said plant life. Plants are my favorite–they amaze me to no end.

But for now, focusing on the great future: springtime planting, moving to China, and the next time I can see my boyfriend.

P.S. 誕生日おめでとう!
じゃあね!

No comments: