January 9, 2008

History in the Morn

My mom is getting ready to read Medieval history to my brothers an me. I absolutely love history, especially ancient, medieval and renaissance histories. Oh she's starting. 
Right now we're reading Beowolf and about the countries of that time. 

Last night my dad helped me with geometry. (The proofs are still giving me trouble.) And then we tried to start my Java programming course with the OCW (Online CourseWare) courses at Brown University. 
These courses are really cool! Their mostly audio files that you listen to and also read the text. I get the texts ordered from a bookstore. I'm also doing biology and psychology from MIT's online courseware. It's really fun. 
Anyway, we couldn't start the course because my computer wasn't recognizing the player I downloaded for the course. So my dad and I are going to trouble shoot it. Or just listen to the lectures on another computer. 

Last night my brother, Eric, and I created our basic game plan for the fort we're going to build out in the woods. We just have to run it past my other brother, Nick, and listen any other ideas he may have. Then we build!!!

One of my newest hobbies has been collecting Celtic, Hungarian, Cherokee and Scottish legends and folk tales. My heritage is all of those above, so researching all of the stories has been really cool and fun. 

I should get back to finding good stories, post again soon!
 

No comments: