Finally, my dad and I have finished the wigwam in my backyard!! It looks like trailer, you know, one of those older metal covered ones…? Anyway, it's cool inside! We had a fire in it last night. Though there is still a large gap in the roof, which is good for fires but it hinders keeping the heat in. So, the next project is to close the gap a little. It has to be big enough to let the smoke out but not too big to let the heat out.
I've got a lot of house cleaning to do (in the wigwam) because snow is covering the floor and the fire pit has to be dug.
There is not much, or any for that matter, insulation for it. I will has to hang mats and blankets up for air insulation, but first I either have to find or make said mats and/or blankets.
My goal is to be able to spend a whole day in there and not freeze and to also be comfortable. My mom has said, "she is allergic to our house" meaning the dust in our house is starting to get t o her (she's allergic to dust.) and that she is considering moving out to the wigwam for an experiment.
I have to say that I would join her. I like being out in the woods better anything else.
Well, back to brainstorming……PEACE out !! HIL
2 comments:
i like to camp out in the woods.
So do I. I wish I could do it more than I actually do though.
Thanks for the comments!!
Post a Comment