Bad news.
First to my anger.
Someone behind us, in a neighborhood roughly parallel to our neighborhood, reported the wigwam and asked for it to be taken down. Apparently, it wasn't pleasing to look at, not that the person is even at his house enough for it to get annoying (he hardly ever inhabits his house). So, the incredibly nice head of construction, Jim, here in our neighborhood got called by a county inspector who asked for Jim's help and if he knew about the structure (wigwam).
Jim came over and took a look at the wigwam. He said it was really cool and that he didn't see a reason for it to have to come down. This was on a Friday, so over the weekend we took down the temporary tarps.
Now, just to preface this, we were only putting the tarps up so we could use the wigwam in the colder months when snow would be falling. We fully intended to take the tarps down and cover the frame with a natural material (e.i. bark or river reeds).
So, on the next Monday, three days after we were informed we had to remove it, Jim brought the inspector over so he could understand exactly what it was.
The inspector said there was no legal reason why it should have to be taken apart. We probably couldn't use tarps to cover it, which we knew already, but if we used a natural substance it would be more than fine.
The wigwam was passed by the inspector and the inspector a level above the man who came out to see it. But, and I reiterate, BUT the person who complained appears to have had a friends in the county clerk who said, no it has to come down because I said so.
It just another case of political corruption and abuse of her position.
The inspector said there was no legal reason why it should have to be taken apart, but if we fought it we wouldn't win so we have just let it as is. The frame is still there, but it is no longer held up by ties. The only thing holding it there is the forces of gravity and the fact that it's dug into the ground.
Well, that was the whole story. not just my annoyance with the complainer and the county clerk (whom we get to vote out next election :) )
I do have pictures of it s I can add them to my American History portfolio.
If I build another one I will be sure to construct it somewhere not visible to other members of the neighborhoods surrounding us.
I was seething for a few days but I've come to the realization that the complaining individual must have a very lonely and sad existence to have time to complain about teenagers working on a project.
Well, I think I'll wrap it up for this post.
Check in later……HIL
1 comment:
i would think it would be fun to build a wigwam or one of those mud houses.
Post a Comment