March 9, 2008

Researching Colleges

Okay, it's getting close to the time when I need to start SAT prep. I don't really want to take the test but most colleges require or recommend it. So, I'm gonna take it. 
But, meanwhile, my mom, dad and I are looking at several colleges. Here's the list I'm working off of now: College 
I've found a few. There is this system that they call the Block Plan (look up Colorado College and it will tell you more about the Block Plan) which sounds really interesting and better suited to my learning style. What they do is, instead of stretching courses out over a whole semester they make courses into 3 1/2 weeks which they call blocks (some classes are more than one block). So this system sounds like ti would be easier to work with, it allowing you to focus completely on one topic, one class, and really get to understand the material. But, Colorado College is the only school I can find that has the Block Plan.  

Well, all that's happening for now.
Check in later…… HIL

No comments: