May 25, 2008

Sand Dunes and Home

I think my entire family is exhausted now. We climbed the Sleeping Bear Sand dunes for, something like eight hours! From just before noon to after sun down. Up here, even with the street light outside our window, the stars we so clearly visible! So, we tried to stay up on the dunes to get a high resolution picture of the stars but we couldn't last that long :) But the sky was a great lighter indigo which morphed into a deep red. The clouds would reflect off of the lake we could see from the dunes. It was really cool was see! I've got some pictures of it which I'll up load when I return to my home and the required cables.
We leave in the morning, hopefully early around seven AM or so. We'll see if that happens though, not likely knowing my family :) 

Well, off to revel in the last night up here, in nature!
Hope yo all had a good weekend!!
HIL

2 comments:

The Big House said...

The sand dunes are fun i go there with scouts about once a year.

HiL said...

Yeah they are :)