July 28, 2008

In Love Yet Again!

Well… I'm in the middle of this book, "Dracula: A Prince of Many Faces" by Raymond T. McNally and Radu Florescu and I'm hooked to this time in history!! The politics and the atmosphere of this time are totally grabbing!! I cannot get enough!!
I have thought of pursuing a career in this field but I'm still very attached to neurology and the brain so my path hasn't changed :) Never the less…I love history!!!

It's very interesting how people can take something and turn it in a new direction! How the real prince was turned into the vampire of legend and fiction from a few pamphlets written by terrified monks fleeing to Germany of the times is incredible!! Oh the imaginations of human beings…

Not only that, but the betrayal of family and life long friends is very interesting and the consequences of these deeds, how they changed the course of our world and those in it. The face of our planet could be so different had things changed a little, had someone lived longer or died before their time…if another leader or tyrant had won or lost a deciding battle… what would lives be like today…??? Just thoughts going through my head! :)

Okay, I'm going to go back to lying under the fan, trying not to melt! I dream of winter and snow!

Békésen…
HIL

No comments: