Okay, well I realize that I have in my (somewhat) recent posts mentioned that I was certain that a job in the medical, specifically the neurological, field was where I wanted to go…But, recently, I have been thinking about this much.
For a while I have felt that I wasn't totally truthful with myself when I said and wrote my plans for medical school, etc… So that warranted contemplation.
After long conversations with my mom, dad and myself I've come to the realization I really, deep down in my heart and mind that don't want what kind of life an occupation in medicine would entail.
So! On to my new idea. I'm going to double major in anthropology and history and probably minor in archaeology. I seem to be able to remember almost word for word what I read about history, so I figure that that is a sign of my real passions (I have trouble remembering biology, anatomy and physiology).
So now the world is open to me. The school I attend doesn't matter as much and there is much less school needed. I would be able to travel all over the world and possibly even life abroad, which has always been a dream of mine.
So, I feel lighter with the weight of a decade + of school and a few other things off my shoulders!! :)
And a short note on why I blog:
It's not because I want to ramble on about myself or anything of the sort. Mostly, I blog to share what is going on with my family and me with friends that live nearly halfway around the world (Hello, Takabes!!!).
And… I love playing with the HTML code :) I am in no way versed in Javascript or any other computer language but I love screwing things up and the joy of fixing it!!
So, I'll say bye for now.
Békésen and Love,
HIL
No comments:
Post a Comment