October 16, 2008

Lone Hike

Today, I went hiking in the woods I live near just to get outside and clear my head. The woods were so peaceful, quiet and beautiful. The trees were all changing color, leaves falling through the air, a gentle breeze and the warm sunlight. It was a perfect day for a hike in those woods. 
I was a little worried that it might be too wet for decent ground from the rain we had a day ago. But it wasn't that bad. The ground was wet and there was a small pond in the middle of a huge gap in the wood, but otherwise it was firm enough to walk on. After about a half hour I found these two huge logs to rest on. They must have been about four to five feet in circumference so they were far enough off the ground to be dry. So I sat out there and kind of shut of my mind and just listened to the birds and the wind. I love doing that, just being and not really worrying about anything, thinking about work to be done or anything of the sort. 
The sky was a darker blue today, not the light robin's egg color but a deeper hue, like blueberry when it has that frosty white film over it. And clouds floated slowly by, hiding the sun for a few minutes. 
So it was fun to get out there and see what the woods would be like this year's autumnal season.

Békésen,
hil

No comments: