November 18, 2008

Ireland. Pt. 1

That
was an incredible trip!! …In so many ways. First I loved Dublin. I was prepared for it to be a huge and racing city, people just going everywhere (which they were, too but it didn't feel like it). I loved the history of Dublin. The name actually came from the Viking word, Dubh Linn (pronounced-- dove lin) meaning something like dark or black pool. We got to see the Dublin Castle, Trinity College and several other things of which I will have pictures and captions to denote what the photo is of.
The island must be beautiful in the summer, it was still a little green when we were there but it being fall most of the fields and hills were brown, plants beginning to hibernate for the coming winter. Though they don't get much snow there, "a few inches and we go slightly mad" one women told me at Bunratty Castle and Folk village. 
They people were interesting, not very friendly or talkative. Their main hobby seemed to be going to the pub and drinking while watching football (soccer) and rugby. 
The trip was fun and interesting, I learned a lot and got a feeling for Ireland and an idea of what it might be like to live there. 
My favorite places would have to be: Dublin… Newgrange… Blarney Castle and gardens… and the lakes and mountains of County Kerry.

I must admit that I was not as impressed with Ireland as I had hoped to be though I do not regret my choice. It was a new place, one I had no way of knowing what it would be like and it was my fault for having any expectations. I truly did enjoy the adventure but I'm kinda happy to be back home again, the chance to record and research what I have learned from this trip and implement the ideas I have taken from Ireland in my home and life here. 

So next to the photos…

Békésen.
hil

No comments: