November 2, 2008

Night Before

Well here I am, the night before we leave to Ireland (Whoo!!!) waiting till morning, packing the car, unpacking the car and walking into the airport and then to board the airplane. 
So, the backpack is all packed, the refrigerator is cleaned out, the cat next door taken care of, all electronics shut down (well, except for this computer I'm writing on). There's this strange feeling of tense excitement because of the unknown ahead but also a sense of easy comfort that is increasingly coming before a trip my family and I take. It's weird, we're on the verge of another adventure in an unknown land and I'm just thinking, "Oh yeah, I leave tomorrow. Remember to get or pack ___". I have to keep reminding myself. 
So I'm going to go back to writing ideas into stories and get some dinner. And right before bed make one last quick survey of all things packed, making sure everything we need has been provided for. 

Alright! Write again after the trip!

Slán :)
hil

No comments: