All three rooms done! We started with my room, as an experiment, testing our painting ability. It went pretty well, although we changed our method right after we had started. First we tried to paint without taping all the moldings and windows as to not get paint on them, but we quickly changed our minds and stuck blue tape to anything we we afraid of marring with "mountain sage" green paint.
My brother's rooms (one a steel gray and the other a summer sky blue!) were painted in a much shorter time, everyone having gotten used to using the brushes and how much paint to use.
It looks and feels so strange to have color on the walls now, this being the first our out of four to be other than white and painted my the builder. It was definitely fun though! Took much longer than I had originally anticipated.
It is totally worth spending the day with brush in hand and I can't wait to disperse my desk, dresser and bed back to their rightful places.
Everyone is ready now to move on the rest of the house, next weekend it the rest of the upstairs rooms, then to the main floor the weeks following that!
I'm going to sleep well tonight. Up and down the ladder and constantly with an arm extended, my body aches a little but nothing a good night's sleep won't cure. I'm sure my brother's think the same, they said their hands were cramping for most of the work. Though with our bedrooms walls still drying, we will probably be sleeping the family room for another night!
My brother's rooms (one a steel gray and the other a summer sky blue!) were painted in a much shorter time, everyone having gotten used to using the brushes and how much paint to use.
It looks and feels so strange to have color on the walls now, this being the first our out of four to be other than white and painted my the builder. It was definitely fun though! Took much longer than I had originally anticipated.
It is totally worth spending the day with brush in hand and I can't wait to disperse my desk, dresser and bed back to their rightful places.
Everyone is ready now to move on the rest of the house, next weekend it the rest of the upstairs rooms, then to the main floor the weeks following that!
I'm going to sleep well tonight. Up and down the ladder and constantly with an arm extended, my body aches a little but nothing a good night's sleep won't cure. I'm sure my brother's think the same, they said their hands were cramping for most of the work. Though with our bedrooms walls still drying, we will probably be sleeping the family room for another night!
New color!
じゃね。
1 comment:
WEll done!
きれいに できたね!!
Post a Comment