Early this morning (I say early, but it was 8:30), as the Sun was warming up the earth, the chirping of the recently hatched Morning Doves and the dew just evaporated; I exited the house to commence harvesting Mentha piperita (Peppermint). Some of the mint has, again, contracted a disease along with the hydrangea (あじさい). So, because of that this year's crop was a little less than I had hoped for. Although, if it turns out to be too little, I can always cut more. Mint is easy that way.
The leaves shrink as they dry, so you end up with less than you originally thought you had.
The basement smells like mint tea now, or as Nick says, toothpaste.
It was a good morning. Enjoying the warm sunlight, the cold air and listening to Japanese music as I cut the stems and piled them into a basket. Peaceful, productive and fun.
The leaves shrink as they dry, so you end up with less than you originally thought you had.
The basement smells like mint tea now, or as Nick says, toothpaste.
It was a good morning. Enjoying the warm sunlight, the cold air and listening to Japanese music as I cut the stems and piled them into a basket. Peaceful, productive and fun.
じゃね。
No comments:
Post a Comment