The First days of Year End vacation; dad's off form work, not many chores and staying up late at night (though I do that normally anyway, but now I don't feel like I'm being irresponsible).
This morning, I woke up to the first real snowfall of this winter season; the street was all white, tiny snowflakes falling passed my window, sunlight peeking through the light gray clouds. By the time I had been awakened by my mother, my dad had already started making coffee and the scones were just out of the oven. The smells floated up through my open doorway, telling me it was time to leave bed. Nick even had a fire blazing this morning.
Not long after the morning meal, my mom and I through on sweatshirts and hiking boots and headed out into the brilliant winter weather.
My mom and I walked around the ponds for nearly two hours (I think), listening to the chirping birds, enjoying the fresh, clear cold air and exercising our bodies after a leisurely morning. An incredible afternoon.
The snow still has not stopped, though no more than an inch covers the ground. It is still not cold enough for a large snowfall; the small flakes melt not long after landing on the road. I hope it continues to fall, covering the bare tree limbs and blanketing the ground...
じゃね。
This morning, I woke up to the first real snowfall of this winter season; the street was all white, tiny snowflakes falling passed my window, sunlight peeking through the light gray clouds. By the time I had been awakened by my mother, my dad had already started making coffee and the scones were just out of the oven. The smells floated up through my open doorway, telling me it was time to leave bed. Nick even had a fire blazing this morning.
Not long after the morning meal, my mom and I through on sweatshirts and hiking boots and headed out into the brilliant winter weather.
My mom and I walked around the ponds for nearly two hours (I think), listening to the chirping birds, enjoying the fresh, clear cold air and exercising our bodies after a leisurely morning. An incredible afternoon.
The snow still has not stopped, though no more than an inch covers the ground. It is still not cold enough for a large snowfall; the small flakes melt not long after landing on the road. I hope it continues to fall, covering the bare tree limbs and blanketing the ground...
じゃね。
No comments:
Post a Comment