It's still snowing! It's been snowing all day, and quite heavily during the afternoon. This morning it was a little windy as my mom and I embarked on our early-ish morning hike. leaving before the boys even began to stir in their beds. It was incredibly peaceful, tiny snowflakes spiraling through the air, falling slowly to the ground. Rabbit and deer tracks were scattered everywhere, no matter where you placed your foot it seemed like you would always find the footprints of some animal.
We had heard from my oral surgeon that you can find deer antlers around this time of year, but we were not so lucky as to find any.
Even though there is over a foot of snow covering the ground, it really feels like spring. The air smelled and tasted like the warmer season, the birds were quite active this morning, chirping to each other. I feel that this is the last large snowfall of the year. We might get a few more dustings or small snows but they will probably quickly melt away, making way for the grass to turn green again, the perennials to shout out of the thawing earth and new leaves to sprout from the tree branches.
And the cycle continues....
I wish I had more to post about, but besides the above, nothing is really going on. Only two more months left until the move to Chicago! And so far, 2010 have been passing quite quickly. Before long, we'll be there.
じゃね。
We had heard from my oral surgeon that you can find deer antlers around this time of year, but we were not so lucky as to find any.
Even though there is over a foot of snow covering the ground, it really feels like spring. The air smelled and tasted like the warmer season, the birds were quite active this morning, chirping to each other. I feel that this is the last large snowfall of the year. We might get a few more dustings or small snows but they will probably quickly melt away, making way for the grass to turn green again, the perennials to shout out of the thawing earth and new leaves to sprout from the tree branches.
And the cycle continues....
I wish I had more to post about, but besides the above, nothing is really going on. Only two more months left until the move to Chicago! And so far, 2010 have been passing quite quickly. Before long, we'll be there.
じゃね。
No comments:
Post a Comment