February 21, 2010

春みたい

This morning, mom and dad came back from the grocery store while we were all still sleeping, and prepared breakfast before waking us. While we were enjoying their culinary creations, a pair of squirrels decided to partake in a morning meal on the pear tree just outside our living room window. They scampered from the thin precarious branches of the Cleveland pear, nimbly maneuvering to reach even the farthest out of reach seeds. We must have watched them for a while, enjoying the acrobatics.
The geese are returning, this morning my dad saw a robin, and the squirrels are out… spring is on it's way. It even smells like the new season already. Though the weather forecast calls for snow tomorrow, it's not supposed to be fluffy light snow that is of the winter season. This time it should be thick and wet snow, the temperature warmer; the perfect snow for hiking and being out of doors.
Despite the possible coming snow, spring has shown its presence. Though for Michigan it's not unusual to have a large snow fall even at the end of March, so we are still in the normal rhythm of the seasons.
Though I usually relish the coming spring, this year it feels a little empty. Since we're moving to Chicago, we're not going to plant the gardens or do anything of that sort, so I feel a little detached from the cycle.
But like I said before, I'm treating this year as an information-gathering time, so that when the time comes to start new projects and ventures I have the necessary knowledge to follow through with them smoothly.
I have too much time on my hands, recovering after the oral surgery. All day long these aimless thoughts spiral in my mind. I should go read something, find something to occupy myself. Off to go find that something…

じゃね。

(Title: Looks like Spring)

No comments: