Back in Chicago!! Back to the lake view and busy sounds of the city.
But it was quite enjoyable in Michigan, a little bit of the country. Every night all we could hear was the chirping and croaking sounds of crickets and frogs, no sirens.
And just like the last time we visited the Michigan house, flowers were in bloom. Though not quite as many as the time before since most of them have passed their blooming season (which is late spring, early summer).
And the best part yet, my mom's bee balm tea was ready. Thoroughly dried and ready to be made into tea. The smell is quite strong, a spicy peppery fragrance, invigorating. I can't wait to try it out, hopefully it will help with my mom's ringing ears (tinnitus).
じゃね。
But it was quite enjoyable in Michigan, a little bit of the country. Every night all we could hear was the chirping and croaking sounds of crickets and frogs, no sirens.
And just like the last time we visited the Michigan house, flowers were in bloom. Though not quite as many as the time before since most of them have passed their blooming season (which is late spring, early summer).
The thyme has spread much farther and thicker than I ever thought. It looks amazing intertwined with the vinca.
The rose of sharon has grown enough to be seen from behind the lavender.
And the spricy sweet golden nectar of honey and bee balm. I used it recently in my mom's tea and she liked it a lot. I was surprised to see that after the four weeks of steeping the honey has gotten runnier, more like a syrup than a honey; which is a lot easier to use! So the first attempt at cough syrup is a success! (I think.)
じゃね。
No comments:
Post a Comment