May 30, 2011

New roses, buttefly bushes, and herbs have been added to the cedar garden boxes. Although we didn't get out of bed at 7 a.m. as per the plan, we got all the plants in the ground within two hours starting from 8 in the morning. It looks very, very good. Today has been incredible hot 32°C (90°F), so hopefully they will survive the heat wave. And it appears that it will be this hot for the next few days. Please cool off quickly!

Dad dug the holes for the roses and peonies, and Mom and I followed after to plant them in the bins. Working this way we were done in a short time.

After the larger plants, I planted the herbs in their new bins while Mom planted the dahlias in the pots near the front door.



I am looking forward to the arrival of more herb seeds to fill up the remaining space between the herbs planted today. It smells so sweet out back now, matching the front lilacs.

As I was planting the last few herbs, this butterfly, the first we've seen this season, alighted on my ankle and remained there until I was finished. He continued to follow me around as Mom and I cleaned up the tools we used this morning. It was the first either of us had seen a butterfly act like this.

All the major planting for the year is done. All that is left is to enjoy to fragrant flowers as they bloom throughout the summer months, and take care of them when they need it. I missed gardening when we were in Chicago, but i had not idea that we would be planting this much in 2011. 
I can't wait to water the plants tomorrow!

じゃあね!

No comments: