May 5, 2012

This morning was a great morning. I spent a couple hours on Skype having fun, straightened up the kitchen and got it ready for breakfast, then I took a stroll around the house to look at the plants and flowers blooming. My favorite is the lilac, its sweet scent rising to my window and into my room. It makes for wonderful sleeping.





The lilacs under my window. 

Today, during the earlier hours of the afternoon, my family and I worked on the yard a bit, weeding and mowing the lawn. Then finally, planting four basil plants and two parsley plants. 

The parsley.

The basil.

One of the plants I planted last year that should have perished during the winter months is flowering! This plant, sage, smells spicy when you rub the leaves a little so they release their oils. 

And finally, the violets. I planted two tiny little plants a few years ago in one place in the front yard and they have spread so aggressively, even spreading into the thick grass of the lawn, popping their unique blooms up above the green blades. 


じゃあね!

No comments: