August 18, 2014

New House in China


We moved! But we didn't go far. We literally moved just down the street in our compound in Nanjing, China. The previous house had a few problems we couldn't overlook, and so we had to move. The new house is quite nice, and we've settled in.

Everything is unpacked, the kitchen is set up, everyone has their own bedroom, and we now have a garden! It's beautiful with greenery all around, vegetables growing on the right side with eggplant, tomatoes, cucumbers, some sort of melon, greens and an occasional visiting hummingbird. Even the cats and kittens that roam the the neighborhood have taken a liking. We were having tea two days ago and outside there was a group of three kittens with their mother we assume, rough housing and playing with insects and the plants.

The garden! And the vegetables are growing at the end of the deck space.

 
My bedroom in the new house. I'm on the first floor and get to look out at the garden from my bed and desk!

It's been a very, very long time since I posted. I'm hoping that being in a new house, a new environment, will provide a quieter and more calm lifestyle (at least the feeling of a quieter, calmer lifestyle) and so perhaps posting more…? That's what I'm aiming for anyway!

My brother and I still have a week plus some until the semester starts here in Nanjing, and about a week until the class I'm taking online with my college in Michigan starts. Going for a more organized semester and rest of the year, and with that more posting about the places we go, the things we get to see and the little occurrences that happen in between.

またね〜

No comments: