March 20, 2008

Pink Piece of Paper

Good
news!! 
A week from today, well actually only six days, I will be getting my pink permit which will allow me to drive!! Yep, on the real road with other drivers!! I'm so excited, can you tell?!?
To get my pink permit, I had to attend at least five classes and have some amount of drive time with an instructor. Which I now have!!
And driving is not that difficult, it takes a few times around the parking lot to get used to the accelerator and the brake. Then you need to know the laws and things like the turn signal and when you have to use it, but other than that it's pretty simple  :) 
The only thing I'm kinda worried about it other drivers and how they will act. Like, say someone is speeding out of a parking lot and cuts in front of you, nearly hitting you. That's what I'm worried about. But after being on the road some, that doesn't seem to happen too often.

The only other thing happening here is that we're going to be leaving for vacation tomorrow night at 8:30 pm for Washington DC. Sound crazy? Well, it is but we're going to do it anyway!
The cherry blossoms are supposed to be blooming while we're there so number one stop is to have a picnic under the cherry blossom trees just like we used to in Japan! That should be fun!
And of course all the museums and the capitol tour, things like that we'll try to do also. 

Well, I have a busy day tomorrow, so sleep is a must and I'm cutting into that time right now.

Night All!! Hope you're all sleeping well!
HIL

No comments: