September 22, 2008

Pictures of Habitat

Here are some pictures of the wildlife protection/habitat protection area across the street. I call it the Habitat for short, it takes too long to say, "wildlife/habitat protection area". I really want to hike there this winter, which will hopefully come soon!! I have to get up a bit early to enjoy the morning cold before the direct sunlight heats everything up and then there's the comfort of night… It would be awesome to hike at night, maybe one night I'll get to try it (so long as the mosquitos keep to themselves).

On to photos…


A Peninsula in one section of the lake, above.

Several swans were swimming throughout the Habitat. Beautiful birds.

The water was a cool emerald green and aquamarine blue. Sometimes you couldn't even see the water only the reflection of the trees.

It would be awesome to be out on the water, not swimming, but floating. I should consider a kayak or canoe…

A family of swans out for a swim.

Several large fish would jump out of the water, too fast to really see but the splashes were huge!

See what I mean? The reflection is so green

Last weekend, as I posted about, we had a glorious amount of rain so here are what the clouds bringing said rain looked like… Beautiful.

Békésen.
hil

No comments: