October 27, 2008

Getting Ready

Today marks a week till I leave for Ireland! Finally now it's sort of sunk in, that I'm finally going to Europe. 
My backpack is sitting on my floor, ready to be stuffed with clothes and probably a few books. Plus and extra bag for collections and souvenirs. 
So we start off in Dublin, walking to Trinity College and O'Connell Street, seeing the older buildings and the history. That's only the first two days! After that, no one knows where we'll go. I think we'll drive up the coast northward toward Northern Ireland and Belfast, but that's a very tentative plan, more of an outline. 
It's going to be so good and fun to be on the road again, just driving where the wind takes us and experiencing whatever comes our way. I love traveling without a set plan in mind, just going wherever reaches out to me and says, "Hey, come this way". 
Im trying to stuff as much Irish Gaelic into my brain because some of the smaller towns out in the country speak it and the signs can be written in it. Just a few phrases and vocabulary so that I might be able to understand a little. I'm running out of time though.
All I know is where we want to go, the cities and country we want to see, where we arrive and where we'll depart from. 
So, we will have to end up in Shannon, this being where our outbound flight is scheduled. 
And that's it. This trip will be a free-flowing, intuition led adventure. I cannot wait to start it!!

Slán!
hil 

No comments: