January 16, 2009

Winter's Glory

As January nears it's end winter is giving it's last efforts of the season. Over the last few days we've had lots of snow and sunshine! As I sit here now writing this, the sun's light is reflecting off of the tiny snowflakes, looking like a swirl of glittering diamonds, the winds visible as they carry whisked snow from the snowdrifts and covered rooftops, and the sky a gorgeous light blue dotted only by a few white fluffy clouds.
It's just amazingly beautiful… And since it was so cold for a few days, the new scarfs in the "mystery package" from Japan are awesome and quite timely! :) (ありがとう!Takabe family)

So over the past weeks I've taken a few pictures of winter's amazing and still beauty…




The night is still quite bright, and the sky always tinted pink.

Nightly snowfall.

Daytime's bright blue sky, the Sun shining warmly...

The Sun!!

An Ice Palace in the bushes!

The before the drive-way is shoveled...

Icicles decorating the corners and peaks of our house.

Beautifully blue and bright sky of midday. This is why I love winter so much... That scene.

People complain there's not enough sunshine during the winter, that it's gray and cold, which I find hilarious... It's so bright and the giant fiery sphere is shining everyday!

Winter's fruits! Not the edible ones though.

Snow filled nest from last year's hatching!

An ever green Evergreen blanketed.

During a snow storm my mom and I went hiking and you could hardly see across this corn field the snow was falling so thickly!

A stream we have to cross in order to get to the woods. It wasn't quite cold enough to freeze it completely so we had to go the long way round.


Through the kitchen window, we saw these amazingly gorgeous birds in our pear tree. The blue of their feathers was so vivd and deep, I had to take pictures (most were blurry from the kitchen window though)!!

じゃね。

No comments: