This past weekend was a busy one. It having been my mom's birthday weekend, we spent the whole of Saturday planting the 22+ plants, bushes and trees that now compose our front landscaping. It does look much better than what the builder had planted there, more color and variety, varying heights and now with ground cover which will hopefully creep around all the shrubberies, saving us from using mulch (no one wants to spread it). So, everything's looking good. Yesterday, my brothers and I planted what is supposed to be the last, 111 echinaceas, vinca ground cover, some sort of purple leaf plant (Heuchera hybrid), and black eyed susans. I can't wait to see it all grow up!! In a few years, I can harvest the echinacea root and use it for immune-boosting tea… I'm so excited! It was all well worth the work. (Now, if I could only apply this principle to my homework…)
After last night's "soaking rain", the gardens look to good, the dirt dark and rich and the plants and leaves of the forest behind our house a vibrantly beautiful green. I love this time of year!
I hope my mom had a good birthday weekend, we did get a lot done and of course had fun… We played games on the porch, enjoying our handiwork and laughing at my brothers' humor!
たんじょうび おめでとう,お母ちゃん!
じゃね。
After last night's "soaking rain", the gardens look to good, the dirt dark and rich and the plants and leaves of the forest behind our house a vibrantly beautiful green. I love this time of year!
I hope my mom had a good birthday weekend, we did get a lot done and of course had fun… We played games on the porch, enjoying our handiwork and laughing at my brothers' humor!
たんじょうび おめでとう,お母ちゃん!
There is another section of the front landscape, but it is not quite finished yet. The brick border has to be placed…
The sky after a night long rain. It's very humid and hot today, but it still smells like fresh rain fall!
じゃね。
No comments:
Post a Comment