October 4, 2009

New Semester

Yesterday was the first lecture of this semester's Saturday Morning Physics series. The topic, Mirrors, Antimatter and the left-handed world. An interesting lecture, if I understood everything I think I do. One interesting little bit was that the molecule of the flavor of Spearmint and the molecule of the flavor of Caraway are actually mirrored. So, they have the same components but are arranged in a mirrored fashion and give the different flavors, Spearmint is called "left-handed" where as Caraway is "right-handed", if memory serves.
After the lecture we headed out in the gray, rainy cool day for U of M's art museum to see Warhol's photography exhibit. In that exhibit, there was only one photograph I thought was interesting; one of a beach with beach umbrellas seemingly haphazardly scattered around with people going about their business. All the pictures were in black and white and most of the photos were of people, some famous and other unknown. But Since the exhibit was didn't have an entrance fee, it was worth the time spent there. Moving on from the museum, we spent a leisurely lunchtime in an Indian restaurant in Ann Arbor, discussing the morning's lecture and Warhol's photographic career.
A wonderfully productive morning!
When we got home, we turned on the University of Michigan vs. Michigan State University football game and MSU won!! Completely shocking, since MSU had been doing quite badly this year and U of M was in the top ten or something like that. So, my uncle, who was at the game, got to see what was I think MSU's first win for the year.
Also, yesterday, I turned the dried mint leaves into this year's tea. Turns out that I had much more than I thought did. More than enough to last the winter!


Mint leaves before bagging.





  
じゃね。

No comments: