December 1, 2009

寒空 (Wintry Sky)

Last week was my brother's birthday. Though, is actual birthday occurred during our vacation, we celebrated it after our escapades into Canada when we could do what he wanted to do (as our family birthday traditions prescribes). He chose to play the computer game with the men of our family and then see a movie that showed at 10:10 P.M. Saturday night. None of us had ever gone to a movie that late before. The movie was "Men Who Stare at Goats". I, for one, liked it. Not so sure about everybody else though. The movie was a bit quirky, the humor unique. The next day, we pretty much spent at home, everyone doing their one thing; boys playing the "World of Warcraft" computer game, my mom, and I began reviewing all of my homework in preparation for the coming week.
Since we came back from the road trip with a week of my dad's vacation time remaining, everyone had enough time to ready themselves, mentally, for the return to reality and recuperate from travel. But Monday was still a bit of a shock and I still haven't gotten my schedule back to normal yet.
So, today, while my mom was exercising (power-walking around the neighborhood), I took charge of the soup on the stove, and brought homework to the kitchen table. As I was practicing new Spanish words, I looked out the kitchen window and saw the following picture's scene.



Soft pastel colors that are always present in the winter months, the sunsets less vibrant compared to autumn's fiery evening skies… Calming.

じゃね。 

No comments: