This morning as I was making breakfast for the four us at home, Nick suddenly exclaimed, "Look outside! There's red and green birds in the Pear tree!"
Of course, all of us rushed to the kitchen windows to peer out at the red feathered finches accompanied by gray-green chested finches (the females maybe?). Anyway, there had to have been fifteen tiny finches fluttering between the Maple tree and the Pear tree. I had not seen that many gathered in one place before, a pleasant sight for one morning.
It's been warm here (above freezing) lately, so a few inches of the snow has melted. Looks like I missed my chance of hiking in the snow for a little while, hopefully more snow will come soon. It feels like the winter is passing faster than years past... Slow down, please!
Anyway, pictures of the finches follows (though you might have to enlarge them to see the birds in the branches)...
じゃね。
Of course, all of us rushed to the kitchen windows to peer out at the red feathered finches accompanied by gray-green chested finches (the females maybe?). Anyway, there had to have been fifteen tiny finches fluttering between the Maple tree and the Pear tree. I had not seen that many gathered in one place before, a pleasant sight for one morning.
It's been warm here (above freezing) lately, so a few inches of the snow has melted. Looks like I missed my chance of hiking in the snow for a little while, hopefully more snow will come soon. It feels like the winter is passing faster than years past... Slow down, please!
Anyway, pictures of the finches follows (though you might have to enlarge them to see the birds in the branches)...
じゃね。




No comments:
Post a Comment