January 17, 2010

Orange Lines

Afire. That's how I would describe the sunset that my mom and I ventured out into the cool winter air to view from our front yard. It was like the clouds had been set ablaze by the sun. The clouds, as they stretched out from the behind the bare treetops, forming horizontal lines at first but then melding together leaving no gap to see the limitless sky above until they frayed, dissipated.
The colors only got stronger, more vibrant until the giant sphere sank behind the tree branches and then below the horizon, disappearing from sight for another night.
The time, starting from dusk until the rising of the sun the next morning at dawn, is my favorite time. Daylight is fine, but at times it can be harsh. But at time, it's like a blanket has been drawn over my little part of the world, comforting and warm with the silvery glow of the moon gently illuminating the earth underneath. That's why I like staying up late, either to read by candlelight or to stare out my window at the silent nightly landscape. It's hard to quiet the mind long enough when you know there is peaceful time to be enjoyed.
I am so happy that there is one more day to have Dad home. If this was a normal weekend it would not be enough time to just hang out at home with everybody together. Luckily, there is one more day :)
So pictures...






じゃね。

No comments: