Almost to the end of the first week of Dad's business trip to Chicago. One more week to go though...
Last Monday, very early in the morning, Dad left for Chicago and has been gone since. He will come back for the weekend and go back to the Windy City (one of Chicago's "nicknames") for one more week Tuesday morning (this coming weekend is a holiday weekend, and Dad gets Monday off from work). Though, it not fun having Dad away, we've been trying to get a lot of housework and "learning activities" done. Scheduled appointments with dentists and doctors this week (had an X-ray to determine that my growth plates are fused so I can get the bone grafts for dental implants). Get as many chores done as we can so that when Dad's back in town we can relax with him.
Today was the first day I had to sleep in, and I took advantage of it, sleeping soundly until 11 am. Tomorrow it's back to an early schedule, getting up from bed to go babysit before the sun rises. It's bitterly cold outside at that hour, snow still falling as I run across the street but it wakes me up.
Even though Dad had to go on this business trip, it's a good sign. Meaning that his program is on track, moving forward. Also means we are getting closer to moving to Chicago. Recently, we were able to choose the apartment buildings in Chicago. We only had pictures on the internet to base our decision on, but I think we did pretty well. I remember posting about Chicago apartments a while ago, but the choices have changed since then. One of the buildings we had picked before is no longer available, so we had to research the new options.
We picked two, the first building (The Streeter) is our favored choice and the second building (The Grand Plaza) is "plan B". We are lucky, getting to live in the city of Chicago and Ford paying for our apartment; an incredible opportunity. Looking forward to moving to a new place again... Learning to live in a different location; where the grocery stores are; how to use the bus system and subway; memorizing the roads to libraries, parks and other places to spend time at. あ、楽しみ。
じゃね。
Last Monday, very early in the morning, Dad left for Chicago and has been gone since. He will come back for the weekend and go back to the Windy City (one of Chicago's "nicknames") for one more week Tuesday morning (this coming weekend is a holiday weekend, and Dad gets Monday off from work). Though, it not fun having Dad away, we've been trying to get a lot of housework and "learning activities" done. Scheduled appointments with dentists and doctors this week (had an X-ray to determine that my growth plates are fused so I can get the bone grafts for dental implants). Get as many chores done as we can so that when Dad's back in town we can relax with him.
Today was the first day I had to sleep in, and I took advantage of it, sleeping soundly until 11 am. Tomorrow it's back to an early schedule, getting up from bed to go babysit before the sun rises. It's bitterly cold outside at that hour, snow still falling as I run across the street but it wakes me up.
Even though Dad had to go on this business trip, it's a good sign. Meaning that his program is on track, moving forward. Also means we are getting closer to moving to Chicago. Recently, we were able to choose the apartment buildings in Chicago. We only had pictures on the internet to base our decision on, but I think we did pretty well. I remember posting about Chicago apartments a while ago, but the choices have changed since then. One of the buildings we had picked before is no longer available, so we had to research the new options.
We picked two, the first building (The Streeter) is our favored choice and the second building (The Grand Plaza) is "plan B". We are lucky, getting to live in the city of Chicago and Ford paying for our apartment; an incredible opportunity. Looking forward to moving to a new place again... Learning to live in a different location; where the grocery stores are; how to use the bus system and subway; memorizing the roads to libraries, parks and other places to spend time at. あ、楽しみ。
じゃね。
No comments:
Post a Comment