Last night we were gathered around the kitchen table, enjoying the meal my mom and prepared for us and listening to my dad's recount of his day at work. My mom would ask what had happened and how his program was progressing. And my dad would answer, describing the problems and how those problems were solved... And then, just as were would about to start clearing the dishes and commence the clean up, Dad told us that we had been assigned the apartment building that we favored, The Streeter. It's great to know where we will be staying in Chicago. According to what we have read about the area (Streeterville is the name of the area of town), it is close to a Whole Foods market and has many small private shops, close to a beach on Lake Michigan and in general is a very nice place. Though we won't get to visit it before moving there, we've seen pictures of the building and surrounding area. It's seems to be great, but we'll see come springtime.
I don't want to have unrealistic expectations of this place so I don't think about much, excpet for the necessities such as preparations, packing and the like.
I am looking forward to move to a different city, challenging myself again. Though I love where we live now (the backyard and gardens, the house and all the projects we have done), but I like moving around; trying different places all over the world, expanding the mind and perspective, new languages and cultures, different people and lifestyles. Whether good or not (and that only exists in the mind), it will be interesting!
じゃね。
I don't want to have unrealistic expectations of this place so I don't think about much, excpet for the necessities such as preparations, packing and the like.
I am looking forward to move to a different city, challenging myself again. Though I love where we live now (the backyard and gardens, the house and all the projects we have done), but I like moving around; trying different places all over the world, expanding the mind and perspective, new languages and cultures, different people and lifestyles. Whether good or not (and that only exists in the mind), it will be interesting!
じゃね。
No comments:
Post a Comment