The Doorbell rang this afternoon when we were sitting in the family room doing our own projects and work. At first I thought it was oranges that my grandfather had sent from Florida, where his is at the moment, but I was very wrong.
It was a package, but from Japan. I was very surprised as was everyone else. It was perfect timing as well. Everyone was feeling a bit down, not as energetic as usual. But after the arrival of this box we cheered up, and began to look forward to the evening when my dad would arrive home form work and we could open it together.
Everyone gathered around the the counter in the kitchen and my dad opened the cardboard box. We all stood there talking about memories, reading the notes from inside the box, reading the newspapers from Japan and listening to the new music; to which I am listening to as I write this post. We stayed there until it was time to turn on the stove to warm up dinner.
A very pleasant time, indeed. Thank you for the precious gifts!!
じゃね。
It was a package, but from Japan. I was very surprised as was everyone else. It was perfect timing as well. Everyone was feeling a bit down, not as energetic as usual. But after the arrival of this box we cheered up, and began to look forward to the evening when my dad would arrive home form work and we could open it together.
Everyone gathered around the the counter in the kitchen and my dad opened the cardboard box. We all stood there talking about memories, reading the notes from inside the box, reading the newspapers from Japan and listening to the new music; to which I am listening to as I write this post. We stayed there until it was time to turn on the stove to warm up dinner.
A very pleasant time, indeed. Thank you for the precious gifts!!
じゃね。
No comments:
Post a Comment