May 8, 2010

The Lake this morning looked like the ocean in the Caribbean; the waters around an Hawaiian island. The sun was shining down through the massive clouds, changing the color of the lakes water. Now it's turned to the normal gray sky, storm clouds passing us on their way to Michigan.
But for this morning's coffee, scones and strawberries it felt like we were in the tropics. Though it certainly doesn't feel like it, this morning my mom said felt like a cold morning in March as she exercised along the lake.
I'm looking forward to when we can go to the beach and experience the lake on this side. My mom said that one beach that is near our apartment looks like Tunnel Park in Holland, MI, but it's only a ten minute walk instead of a three hour drive.

I can't believe that's already May, though when I think of every thing that has happened it makes sense that it's nearly half way through 2010. Time seems to be speeding up, gaining. It feels like yesterday we were painting the house and replanting the front yard landscaping.
We've been in Chicago for a week and a half now, though to to my dad is feels like yesterday we moved in and the the rest of us it seems like we've always been here. There is nothing I really miss about Michigan, gardening but I can always find a way to do that anywhere. But other than that I (along with everyone else) are quite content here; we could be anywhere, I think, and we would be happy. But there is definitely something about Chicago, it feels different than any other U.S. city I've been in.

ジャナ。


No comments: