Back in Michigan. It's been a while since I have posted anything to this blog in a while, quite a while.
A few things have happened in the time I have neglected my space on the Internet.
I cannot believe how quickly a month passes. I spent nearly a month in Japan, an amount of time I thought would feel long or in the least not feel as fast as the time these trips normally do. I was wrong, though. It went by very, very fast. Before I knew it I was organizing my suitcase.
This trip was one of the best trips I have every had. I got to travel to Kyoto and spend three incredibly fun days with four very important people, hang out in Tokyo going her and there being spontaneous, spend time with many different and interesting people, and above all, spend time with one of my favorite people. It was perfect, and I am very grateful for the time I had there. It was the best.
ありがとう!
じゃあね!
A few things have happened in the time I have neglected my space on the Internet.
I had a birthday a few days after coming back to the Great Lakes State. This was the great snack that my family presented me with. It great, and a good time just hanging out with everyone!
Then a few days ago, Mom and I worked in the kitchen together, something we haven't done in a while. Mom was making cookies for that day's tea time snack as Dad was arriving home from work early.
While Mom was shaping cookie dough, I was putting together soup, a classic minestrone soup.
The first round of cooking: putting olive oil, onion, celery, garlic and carrot in the pot to cook for around ten minutes.
Next was canned roma tomatoes along with a few spices (thyme, pepper, salt, bay leaves, and sage) and broth; then simmer for another 20 or so minutes.
Next to add was cabbage, green beans and potatoes accompanied by more simmering.
(Simmering!)
Lastly, spinach, parsley, zucchini, and the rest of the broth (added after I took the picture). Of course, more simmering followed.
This soup took some time to make, but it was well worth it. The recipe also made quite a lot of soup, so it lasted a few days as leftovers!
Three days after I got off the plane in Detroit, we visited the Edsel & Eleanor Ford House which Mom had been wanting to see. I was looking for a distraction, and so the five of us decided to drive to the area do Detroit the house calls home.
During our stay, we had a picnic and while we were enjoying an outdoor lunch we had a visitor.
This little squirrel hopped out from the woods not far from our picnic table.
The video below is of the squirrel's visit.
I cannot believe how quickly a month passes. I spent nearly a month in Japan, an amount of time I thought would feel long or in the least not feel as fast as the time these trips normally do. I was wrong, though. It went by very, very fast. Before I knew it I was organizing my suitcase.
This trip was one of the best trips I have every had. I got to travel to Kyoto and spend three incredibly fun days with four very important people, hang out in Tokyo going her and there being spontaneous, spend time with many different and interesting people, and above all, spend time with one of my favorite people. It was perfect, and I am very grateful for the time I had there. It was the best.
ありがとう!
じゃあね!



No comments:
Post a Comment