October 8, 2012

In the middle of the semester and getting through. Today was a little different than usual. I went to class as usual. Most everyone was there, students and professor. But then the professor said something. He was skipped ahead a little to do the section on propagation and instead of doing the planned, usual lab, we would go up to the green house and just propagate plants! It was fun! One of the plants I propagated, along with many other students, was a pitcher plant.

 The modified leaf of a pitcher plant that can capture insects. The rest of the leaf is attached to the thin vine on the back side of the pitcher.

The plant that was growing in the greenhouse was getting too large for the pot it was in, so most of the students got to try to cut down the bulk by cutting parts of the stems and placing the cutting in a new pot to grow into a separate plant.

Lately, things have calmed down some. I'm just going to school and doing homework; dad is going to work; mom and the boys are studying and exploring their learning activities. One step at a time we're moving forward! Good things on the horizon I feel :)

じゃあね!

No comments: